Sul post, da Makkox.
On the guardian there is an article about about Berlusconi, where also Rocco Siffredi is questioned about the RubyGate and the possible effect on the number of votes.
If I get the article correctly it seems that Rocco is saying that Berlusconi will not loose vote for this behaviour. I’m always amazed when people can predict how and what people will behave in an election that is not yet issued, basing their judgement on one fact.
More over, in a youtube video, I remember that Rocco said that Berlusconi is ill and that he can help him. So I don’t know if he changed his opinion or the article is a bit imprecise.
However the number of voters for Berlusconi is a straw argoment.
Berlusconi has a pack of voters whom will vote for him no matter what. This is more like a cult problem than an actually political judgement of what the govern has achieved. This people exist and it will be stupid not to acknowledge that, however this is a fraction of all the voters in Italy.
A third of the country didn’t vote at the last elections. They didn’t vote neither for the right wing or for the left wing. Lack of proper representation it seems to be more the cause of this then not being interested in the politic of the country. What I would like to make clear is that there is a huge pool of possible voters, which could be called to get rid of Berlusconi.
But this is not what I wanted to write about. I would like to comment this sentence:
Salvatore, a blacksmith, said: “I would give my daughter a slap if she went to a party at Berlusconi’s, but I still vote for him since I approve of his politics.”
I really would like to understand what is this politics that he his talking about. The Berlusconi’s politics, in the last 14 years, was only escaping from the law using the power to create new law that will favour him (ad personam), or to change existing law. That’s not politics, that’s tilting the table.
So the number of people that actually vote for Berlusconi are either thinking he is a model or they are convinced he is doing good the job. The last part are completely recoverable because it will be easy to demonstrate that the government is unable to do its own job and its completely stopped.
There is a massive amount of people that could throw away Berlusconi. The only trouble is that the left wing did not yet find the way to organize those people in a coherent way and be able to challenge him.
Several different way are being tried, like http://www.prossimaitalia.it/. We will see.
Le dimissioni di Berlusconi sono oramai un atto dovuto per reclamare quella differenza culturale che è presente in Italia e che deve ritornare main stream.
Sul post questo viene analizzato in maniera impeccabile.
We call upon Silvio Berlusconi to resign immediately from his post as Presidente del Consiglio dei Ministri. In no other democratic country would a Prime Minister, faced with such serious legal accusations, remain in office longer than a few hours. All Italian citizens, of whatever political persuasion, must realise that the image of their country is profoundly tainted if Berlusconi remains in office.
2. Attendance in court.
We call upon Silvio Berlusconi not to defend himself on television, using his substantial mediatic power to discredit the magistrates, but to present himself in court and seek to defend himself there, as would any normal citizen. Once in court, he can in any case hope to benefit from the services of the highest paid lawyers in the country. We sincerely hope, for his sake and that of the country, that he is able to demonstrate his innocence. If he and his supporters reply that the judges are irremediably biased against him, we would like to point out that on more than one occasion in the past he has been given the benefit of the doubt by the courts. In the Mondadori case, for example, the court judged in 2001 his position as Head of Government to be part of the ‘extenuating circumstances’ which in his case alone allowed the crime to be prescribed.
3. The role of the President of the Republic
In a situation in which two of the principal powers of the state – the magistracy and the executive – are on a head-on collision course of considerable danger for the future of the Republic, we call upon its President to observe closely the situation and to be prepared to intervene actively, naturally within the limits of the powers ascribed to his office by the Constitution.
4. The opposition parties
We call upon all the parties of the opposition to put aside their differences and to abandon any jockeying for position, uniting instead their voices in a single request of a single word: RESIGNATION.
5. Civil Society
We invite the many associations and the hundreds of thousands of members of civil society to do the same, pooling their resources and joining hands on a single line of action. We would particularly appeal to Catholic civil society to deplore the hesitations and silences of the Vatican on so important an issue of public ethics.
6. The friends of Italy in the world
We have written this appeal in English as well as Italian in order to reach all those abroad who are friends of Italian democracy. Do not despair of Italy! The country needs your solidarity and help.
Gustavo Zagrebelsky, Paul Ginsborg e Sandra Bonsanti per tutta Libertà e Giustizia
I completely agree and I repost it here. Original on the “Libertà e Giustizia” website.
So it seems that google is not showing the images about the Berlusconi’s aggression:
With Bing you can find the images, with Google no. Check here.
The post from google italia to answer the user questions is about a possible delay within the scan of the pages and the results from the engine.
Which is reasonable, but this is not the case.
Yesterday it was possible to find them. On Google Images. Not today.
The question is why?
Update: it seems now you can find them, so the google spider for images is a bit lagging behind.
So, as many of you are aware, somebody throw a Duomo souvenir statue to the Prime Minister of Italy, Berlusconi. The poor man was hit in the face, he lost two teeth and he bleed quite a lot.
I just want to raise three points:
- this is horrible. violence is not the way forward. Democracy is a space which has to be defended. No matter what.
- the man suffers from a mental illness and it’s at least 10 years under treatment. He is mad.
- all the escort and the security guards of the prime minister should be fired and replaced with someone who is able to do his own job. It’s really unbearable that just one mad man can easily throw a souvenir statue to the prime minister when he is giving a political speech. It’s a routine situation which a competent escort should be able to cope with.
One thing that Greg pointed out yesterday: when somebody throw stuff to his old head of state (an affair implicating Mr Bush and a shoe, google will tell you more…), Mr bush was able to dodge the shoe. I think if Berlusconi had tried something like that he would had cracked. (It’s too old, c’mon.)
This episode doesn’t change the italian situation. The complete incompetence of this italian government on the energy policy, on the university and research reform, on the economic investment to relaunch the country economy and on the shift to a sustainable regime still remains. More over the problems with the justice which the prime minister has with the justice are not yet solved.
So get well soon Prime Minister, get back to work and try to do something useful for the Italian people.
On a betting irish site is it possible to bet who will be the next insult’s target of Berlusconi.
The funny thing is this page is not visible in Italy because there is no agreement about the quantity of money the italian state (which is the only one allowed to be the bookmaker) should take.
So I attach the screenshot here:
Boh, che strano. Se uno va a guardare i giornali in archivio, scopre che il 17 dicembre scorso il premier non è uscito da Palazzo Grazioli, per via di uno strappo alla schiena procuratosi durante la ginnastica mattutina.
Oh, niente, poveraccio, tutto il giorno chiuso a Palazzo Grazioli, non è potuto nemmeno andare al Quirinale per lo scambio di auguri natalizi con Napolitano.
Poi però se uno legge il Corriere di stamattina scopre che il 17 dicembre scorso a Palazzo Grazioli lui non è uscito, ma in compenso è entrato Gianpaolo Tarantini, in una macchina con i finestrini oscurati, e sul sedile posteriore c’erano tre signorine, tra cui questa graziosa brasiliana, che poi è rimasta a intrattenersi con il premier.
Cioè deve andare dal capo dello stato e mente per rimanere chiuso a Palazzo Grazioli.
Ovviamente aveva il mal di schiena od ovviamente avrà chiamato delle massagiatrici.ed un pò di compagnia.
Riporto le dieci domande che Repubblica ha fatto a Berlusconi.
1. Quando, signor presidente, ha avuto modo di conoscere Noemi Letizia? Quante volte ha avuto modo d’incontrarla e dove? Ha frequentato e frequenta altre minorenni?
2. Qual è la ragione che l’ha costretta a non dire la verità per due mesi fornendo quattro versioni diverse per la conoscenza di Noemi prima di fare due tardive ammissioni?
3. Non trova grave, per la democrazia italiana e per la sua leadership, che lei abbia ricompensato con candidature e promesse di responsabilità politiche le ragazze che la chiamano «papi»?
4. Lei si è intrattenuto con una prostituta la notte del 4 novembre 2008 e sono decine le “squillo” che, secondo le indagini della magistratura, sono state condotte nelle sue residenze. Sapeva che fossero prostitute? Se non lo sapeva, è in grado di assicurare che quegli incontri non l’abbiano resa vulnerabile, cioè ricattabile – come le registrazioni di Patrizia D’Addario e le foto di Barbara Montereale dimostrano?
5. È capitato che “voli di Stato”, senza la sua presenza a bordo, abbiano condotto nelle sue residenze le ospiti delle sue festicciole?
6. Può dirsi certo che le sue frequentazioni non abbiamo compromesso gli affari di Stato? Può rassicurare il Paese e i nostri alleati che nessuna donna, sua ospite, abbia oggi in mano armi di ricatto che ridimensionano la sua autonomia politica, interna e internazionale?
7. Le sue condotte sono in contraddizione con le sue politiche: lei oggi potrebbe ancora partecipare al Family Day o firmare una legge che punisce il cliente di una prostituta?
8. Lei ritiene di potersi ancora candidare alla presidenza della Repubblica? E, se lo esclude, ritiene che una persona che l’opinione comune considera inadatta al Quirinale, possa adempiere alla funzione di presidente del consiglio?
9. Lei ha parlato di un «progetto eversivo» che la minaccia. Può garantire di non aver usato né di voler usare intelligence e polizie contro testimoni, magistrati, giornalisti?
10. Alla luce di quanto è emerso in questi due mesi, quali sono, signor presidente, le sue condizioni di salute?
C’è anche un appello da firmare qui se volete un’informazione libera.