Amazing interactive graph on the protest in Africa and the Middle East from the guardian.
Technically there is a curfew issued at the moment in egypt.
This, however is the idea of the Egyptian people.
They took down the internet, they’ve called the army, they made the police to shout, however they didn’t stop them and their are becoming more and more.
Live English stream from Al Jazeera here
Go Egypt Go!
I’m still amazed by the subs of the Phosphorus with Arsenic as found out and report in Science here
So life can have a completely different way for working… It’s also true that the Arsenic sits just under the Phosphorus, so it share a lot of chemical property, but still is the first time we have an example of something living without Phosphorus. Some questions just right off the bat:
- What’s going on with the Adenosin Three Phosphate (main energy molecule in all cells)?
- Is that thing using an ATA (Adenosin Three Arsenate) ?
- Is that stable/does it even exist?
- Which are the pathways? All the kinase/phosphatase system is just working with ATA? I guess we need to change the phosphatase names if that is the case..
- Which kind of evolution?
- Where is on the phylogenetic tree?
- Is it on the phylogenetic tree?
Time to read the paper.
The only thing I’m really missing right now, it’s not to be in Italy to actual join the manifestation going on in the country against the infamous reform ‘Gelmini’ which is a disastrous choice for the Public school and Italian University.
Anyway I’m supporting, from here. For now.
La creatività repressa. Una delle vere risorse che l’Italia ha a disposizione e sul quale non si investe. Da tempo immemore.
The social network è bello come film, anche se qualcosa non è proprio vero.